Our mushroom, nut & leek filo parcels are simply delicious. Serve hot with Valans made tomato sauce, sauté potatoes and steamed vegetables.
|2 Mushrooms||1 Small Leek|
|1/2 Onion||15 Skinless Hazelnuts|
|1 Garlic Clove||6 tbsp Whipped Cream|
|Salt & Pepper||6 tbsp Vegetable Stock|
|Olive Oil||8 Squares of Filo Pastry|
|Melted Butter||1/2 Pack of Dry Roasted Peanuts|
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and leek and lightly fry in a little olive oil over a low heat then set aside.
- In a food processor, chop the peanuts and hazelnuts until you have 2-4mm sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan. Slice the mushrooms and add to the pan. Fry until browned then add in the nut and the leek mixtures.
- Add the stock and cream and cook gently for 10 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and place in the fridge to cool.
- On a clean surface, place a filo pastry square and brush with melted butter.
- Place another pastry square on top of the first at a 45º angle to create a pastry star and brush the edges with the butter.
- Place a 1/4 of the cooled mixture in the centre of the pastry star and pull the edges together, pinching as you go.
- Repeat until you have 4 parcels.
- Brush each parcel with a little more butter and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 180c or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with Valans tomato sauce, sauté potatoes and steamed vegetables.