|90g plain flour||150g icing sugar|
|20g cocoa powder||150g plain chocolate|
|90g unsalted butter||2 tbsp golden syrup|
|2 free range eggs||1 tsp vanilla essence|
|25g brown sugar||100ml double cream|
|40g hazelnuts:||Skinned, roasted & Chopped|
|Vanilla Ice Cream|
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas.
- Grease a 25cm/10in square baking tin.
- Stir the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate carefully in a bain-marie or in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Add the butter and golden syrup and stir until blended. Leave to cool till lukewarm, then stir in the eggs and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and stir quickly until smooth.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-45 minutes. The top and edges will be crusty. The inside will be slightly gooey but not runny.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- To make the butterscotch sauce - place the brown sugar, butter and cream in a pan, boil and reduce by half.
- Place the brownie in a bowl, pour over the sauce and serve with vanilla ice cream.